Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lazy Saturday

Today was a nice relaxing day since I feel like I've been going non-stop since I got here.  I can't believe it hasn't even been a full week yet.  I've done so much that it feels like so much longer.  

I slept in again today and then my roommates and I ventured to the Monoprix in our neighborhood.  Monoprix is like Target, but smaller since space in Paris is very limited.  It had the largest grocery selection that I have seen in the city and it also had small sections for clothes and cosmetics.  I am really excited that we have one fairly close to our apartment, because it has much more of a selection and more of the kinds of food I am used to eating at home.  It was a good ten minute walk, but it was definitely worth it.  On the way back, we found a boulangerie and a smaller grocery store that are only two streets away from our apartment.  We had never ventured to this part of the neighborhood and I am so glad we did because there are so many good stores on that side and they are much closer than where we have been going.  

After that, we hung out, made dinner, and watched Marie Antoinette together.  A great afternoon of roomie bonding and all things French :)

No comments:

Post a Comment