Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday at Notre Dame

This afternoon, my roommate Elena and I decided to go to Notre Dame for a while during their 5:30 mass.  We walked around the inside and looked at the stained glass, and then we listened to the opening hymns.  The music was really pretty and the organ sounded amazing with the huge ceilings.  

After that, we walked across the Seine and found a cart selling crepes for a few euros.  I got a ham and cheese one, which was so good.  They wrapped it up like a burrito so we could eat it while walking.  Then, we found a cute little gelato place.  I got dark chocolate gelato and it was amazing.  We found a bench in a little courtyard and ate while we people watched... a favorite french pastime.  


Then, on the way home we stopped in a cute little shoe store and I found a pair that I really wanted.  They were just 15 euros, but my mommy would be so proud of me, I decided not to buy them :(  I have to save my money for food and traveling.  Oh well, c'est la vie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment