Thursday, September 27, 2012

Busy Busy Bee

This week has been crazy busy, and I have barely had time to sleep and do homework, never mind blogging.  On Tuesday, I went to a comedy show with a group from my school and we saw How to Become Parisian in One Hour.  The show is performed by a Parisian who lived in America for a while and then came back to Paris and noticed the extreme differences in culture.  During the show, he exaggerates a lot of the stereotypes of Americans and Parisians, and makes fun of both cultures.  He teaches Americans how to act on the Metro, in a cab, in a restaurant, in a club, and various other scenarios.  His impersonations are hilarious, and we were laughing non-stop through the entire show.  I had so much fun and it was great to do something different for the night.  



Yesterday, I got an email from the director of the Paris American Academy which is the school I spent two weeks at last summer for an intensive fashion program.  He has several connections in the fashion industry and he told me that he had a fashion show in the afternoon that needed dressers.  He needed a few people so I brought three of my roommates to the show to help dress the models.  We arrived a few hours before the show started, so we hung out backstage and watched the models getting their hair and makeup done.  There were some other girls from the PAA there to dress as well, so we spent most of the time getting to know each other and bonding over our annoyance of all the waiting.  Once we began to dress the models for the show, it was more fun and exciting.  We each had a few looks that we were in charge of, so we helped a few different models each.  Some were really friendly and talked to me a lot, but others were pretty snobby and just dressed themselves.  It turned out that the show wasn't a typical runway show, but it was a cocktail party that the models had to stand around at.  It was two hours long and we had to wait until it was over to help undress the models.  We were so bored and hungry, but the models had it much worse.  The event was in a courtyard and it was freezing and rainy out.  The girls were wearing barely anything, and one of them ended up having a really bad reaction.  She came in shaking and freezing and just sat in a chair crying with her head in her hands for almost an hour.  Everyone was bundling her in coats and giving her coffee to warm up.  I felt really bad for her because she was clearly over tired and freezing.  She ended up calling someone for a ride and leaving early.  







After the show was over and we had helped undress the models and hang all of the clothes back up, all the dressers decided to go out to eat because we were starving.  We found a cute little Thai food restaurant and I ordered pork dumplings and fried rice.  For dessert, I got coconut and dark chocolate ice cream that came with a cute little umbrella in it.  We really like these two girls from Iceland that were in the program, so we got their numbers and plan to hang out with them again.  It was really fun meeting girls from another school and going out to dinner with new people.  


Today, I had class in the morning and then had to go to the Louvre again for my art history class.  It has been rainy and and cold all week so walking everywhere has been less than enjoyable.  Tonight I'm definitely staying in and I'm going to start packing because I am going to London with a few friends tomorrow night.  I am so excited to go someplace new and to see all of the famous sites in London.  I am also excited to hear English for an entire weekend and to know that if we get lost, we can just ask someone for directions and we will actually be able to understand their response!

No comments:

Post a Comment