Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Family Dinner

Today was our first real day of rain, which was bound to happen eventually since we've had two weeks of beautiful weather.  The city was drab and gray, and it looked much less glamorous.  My mood, and the weather, resembled our poor little flowers drooping on the table in the living room.  


I had an early class this morning so I had the pleasure of walking to the metro in the cold early morning drizzle that then turned into a torrential downpour by the time I left school in the afternoon.  These tiny streets are barely wide enough for two people, never mind everyone running around with umbrellas.  I bumped umbrellas with so many people during the day, I could't help but laugh, which got me some angry Parisian looks.  Not to mention the fact that I have a bright pink umbrella and the only color umbrella that seems to be sold in this city is black.  I definitely stuck out like a swore thumb.  It was like a neon sign above my head screaming this chick is an American tourist and she is going to bump your umbrella when you walk by so you should just take your chances walking in the street instead.  

Ok, I may have exaggerated a bit.  To be honest, as much as I hate the rain, I really didn't mind it as much as I usually do.  I guess it's just because everything is better in Paris, even the rain.  

Because of the lovely weather, my roommates and I decided to stay in and make a family dinner tonight.  Chelsea found the biggest eggplant known to man at the grocery store yesterday and she decided to make eggplant parmesan.  I'm a really talented pasta cooker, so I contributed the pasta portion of the meal and Elena made the salad.  Everything tasted amazing and it was so much fun to cook together and have a nice night in the apartment with each other.  



No comments:

Post a Comment