Thursday, September 6, 2012

Vogue's Fashion Night Out!

Tonight was amazing!  I went to Vogue's Fashion Night out with two of my roommates, and it was so much fun.  There were three streets of stores that stayed open late for the event and allowed people with invitations in to view the merchandise.  The invitations were inside this month's issue of Paris Vogue, so my roommate and I hunted down a magazine stand after class to buy one.  
I felt like such a VIP all night because there were security guards at every store entrance, and we had to show our invitations to be allowed in.  Many stores provided cocktails and other drinks, and some had little munchies.  Some stores had DJs and people were dancing and having a good time while looking around and drinking champagne.  As a fashionista, it was so much fun to go into these really expensive stores that I wouldn't normally go to and look at the amazing clothes, all while being treated with the best service.  Everyone was dressed up and excited about fashion, and it was a really fun atmosphere all night.

In one of the stores, there was a carnival theme, and we took pictures in a photo booth and got to spin a wheel for prizes.  At a stand near the exit, we got our picture taken by a vogue cameraman and got to sign into our facebooks to have it posted there right from the stand. There were so many different places to go and fun things to see that four hours didn't seem like enough time.  At the end of the night, when all the stores closed, everyone piled out into the streets and stood around talking and smoking like the French do best.  It was so much fun to witness and take part in this event.  I still can't believe this is really my life!


The magazine and invitation: 


My outfit for the night:


Obsessed with pictures:


Inside Gucci:


Laura and I on the stairs in Dior:


Photo booth pictures:


With one of the circus theme models:


No comments:

Post a Comment