Monday, September 3, 2012

First day of classes!!

Today was my first day of classes and I already love them.  I had my Haute Couture and French classes today and both of my professors were awesome.  My Haute Couture teacher is a fabulous little french man with a hilarious accent and a sarcastic humor.  He was cracking jokes the whole time, but despite my constant laughter, I actually learned a lot about the origin of Haute Couture in France.  I can already tell this class is going to be so interesting and I am excited for the rest of the semester with him.  

My French teacher was this adorable older French woman who is also really funny... I think it's a French thing.  She spoke in French the whole time and to my surprise, I kept up really well.  She was so animated and fun that it made the class fun, and she said her most important mission for our class is to make sure we enjoy ourselves.  I can live with that!

In between classes, a few of us walked down to the Pompidou Center to get lunch.  We ended up getting the same thing I had for dinner last night - ham and cheese crepes from a cart and gelato from this really cute gelato shop.  This place allows you to get several different flavors for the same price, and if you get it in a cone, they scoop it into the shape of a flower.  Needless to say, I am really getting used to this life.  I think my dad was right... I may never come back :)



Laura and I at the fountain by the Pompidou Center



No comments:

Post a Comment