Monday, September 17, 2012

Je deteste lundi

Every day I wake up with my sheets half off the bed and my comforter on the floor.  I don't know what is wrong with these beds but this never happens to me at home.  The mattress is gross and stained so I would love it if my sheets would stay in place so I didn't have to wake up on the bare mattress all the time.  


This weekend was rather uneventful.  I was so tired from our adventures on Thursday night that I stayed in all day on Friday and relaxed.  On Saturday, I finally met up with my friend from high school who is studying at another school in Paris for the semester.  We met at Notre Dame and then walked over to the Pompidou Center to find a place to eat.  We decided to get a pasta dish and a croque monsieur to split.  The food was delicious and it was fun to hang out with someone from home for a change.  

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping because I was in desperate need of food, and then I spent the rest of the night doing homework :(  
Today, I had my Haute Couture class which is always the highlight of my week.  My teacher just makes us laugh the entire time and it is the only class where I actually enjoy what we are learning about.  He told me I looked very "wise" today when he was taking attendance and I guess it was because I had my glasses.  He smirks at everything so I never know if he's making fun of us or not, but I decided to take it as a complement.

After my classes, I came home with Kathryn and Chelsea.  We stopped in this adorable patisserie on the way home to buy bread and I fell in love with the place.  It is down the street from our apartment, but it just opened a week or two ago and I haven't been in it yet.  It is much cuter and more modern than most of the little patisseries, and it reminded me of an upscale bakery at home.  The deserts looked amazing and they were all displayed perfectly in the glass cases.  I have done my best to stay away from these places because I know how dangerous they can be, but now that there is one right down the street, I might just have to give in to temptation.

For dinner I made little sandwiches with avocado and cheese in the toaster oven.  I am so excited that I decided to buy avocados because I absolutely love them; they are all I ate this summer.  While I was cooking, I got to watch the sun set out of our kitchen window.  Sometimes at night, we can see the light from the top of the Eiffel Tour spinning through the sky from this window.  I love our apartment and our view so much.  


No comments:

Post a Comment