Friday, September 14, 2012

7am - 3am

Yesterday was the longest day ever.  I had to wake up at 7 for my 9:15 Com class because I usually leave an hour of travel time to get to class just in case something goes wrong with the metro.  After class, I went to the Louvre because there were some paintings that I had to look at for my Haute Couture class assignment.  It was weird how confident I felt going to one of the largest tourist destinations all by myself.  Usually I would feel so self conscious and nervous walking into a place with so many people by myself.  At home, I never would have gone by myself and I would have been so nervous about getting lost or not being able to find the paintings that I needed to see.  I love how confident this city is making me.  I feel so secure walking around and taking the metro by myself.  I have become more confident in my directional skills and my ability to function in unfamiliar places when I'm alone.  I went into the Louvre all by myself and found the area where the paintings were for my class.  It took much less time to look at everything than I expected because it was early and there weren't as many people there as usual.  When I was done, I had two hours before my next class, so I called my roommate Kathryn to meet for lunch.



We met at a place by school that had reasonable prices and a good lunch menu.  We sat outside and I ordered a leg of duck while she got at caesar salad.  Our meals were both really good and we had fun people watching and hanging out at a restaurant like the French do.   When were done, I had to hurry back to the metro because I had to be at the Musée Delacroix by 2.  It took a little while to find, but I still ended up being a half an hour early so I just sat in the courtyard and read my book.  I love this city... and my kindle :)  The museum lesson was kind of boring because the paintings weren't anything I like, and we stood around taking notes the whole time.  I am learning a lot more about art and different techniques with this class though, even though I don't really like it.  

After class, my roommate Laura and I went to a fancy café with a few girls from class and I ordered chocolat chaud (hot chocolate).  It was amazing, like drinking straight melted chocolate.  It came in a cute little pitcher with whipped cream on the side so I could pour and scoop myself.  It was too expensive for my liking, but I guess it's all about the experience.  


Then, last night, we went out to a club with all our roommates and our two friends from school.  We went to Club Mix which is an international club that is free for students on Thursdays.  When you get inside, you tell them which country you are from and they give you a sticker to wear of your country flag.  It was so much fun to dance with all my friends and the music was really good.  As my first experience at a club, I would say it went much better than expected.  I seriously think I'm becoming a different person here, but that's not such a bad thing.  I don't ever want to go home!





No comments:

Post a Comment