Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Week With Mommy

My mom arrived on Saturday morning and I have been the happiest girl in the world ever since.  We spent the day on Saturday hanging out at my apartment and catching up.  On Sunday, we had breakfast at a café and then walked around the Tuileries gardens for a while.  It was raining really hard so we decided to go to the Musée d'Orsay to see the Impressionism in Fashion exhibit.  We spent a few hours at the museum and then went to the famous tea room Angelina for lunch.  We got their amazing hot chocolate that tastes like a melted chocolate bar and I was in heaven.  Then, we went back to my apartment and hung out for the rest of the night.  On Monday, we met up after my class and explored the Pompidou Center near my school.  We had lunch there and then went to find a woman who my aunt had met on Facebook through her work.  My aunt had given my mom a packet to give to this woman so we went to her apartment and spent about an hour and a half there visiting with her.  She barely spoke any English so we had to communicate all in French.  It still amazes me how much more French I can understand than when I first got here.  When we left her apartment, we walked over to the Eiffle Tour to see it all light up at night.  The lights sparkle every hour on the hour so we got to see it sparkle at 8:00 when we were close.  



We walked around it for a little while and took some pictures, and then we headed over to the latin quarter for dinner.  We had a nice meal at a café there and then when back to the hotel because we had to get up really early the next day.  We woke up at 5am to get to our tour of the Loire Valley in time.  It was a three hour drive to the Loire Valley, and then we saw three castles and had lunch in a nice restaurant.  The castles were amazing and we had the best weather for the trip.  It was a very long day but it was so much fun.  Today we have been packing and getting ready to go to Greece tonight.  I am so excited and I can't wait to go.  I can't believe I will be in Greece tonight!






No comments:

Post a Comment