Thursday, November 8, 2012

Florence

We arrived in Florence on Monday night and spent two full days there.  We did a lot of walking and exploring the city along with visiting some famous sites.  I loved Florence and it actually reminded me a lot of Paris.  I liked the atmosphere and the layout of the city, and I thought it was really pretty with the yellow buildings and red roofs.  We went to the famous cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore and climbed all the way to the top to see the arial view of the city.  It took forever to climb all the stairs in the tiny winding corridors that let to the top and I felt like my legs were going to fall off.  It was worth it though, because the view really was amazing.  






















We also went to a popular lookout point on the outskirts of the city that had a great view.  We walked over a famous bridge that was lined with shops on either side and saw the river from both angles.  We also went to see the famous sculpture of David and got in for free with our school IDs :)  



















The rest of the time we spent wandering around and shopping... and of course eating gelato every chance we got ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment