Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Week in Italy

I had the best fall break in Italy this past week.  We went to Cinque Terre, Florence, Rome, and Venice.  My favorite thing about this week, of course, was the amazing food I got to eat.  I had so much fun trying all the different Italian dishes that I eat at home and realizing how much better they are when made by true Italians.  I was in food heaven for the entire week so I feel like I should share my amazing meals.  

Surprisingly enough I was in the mood for something light one night and I decided to order swordfish.  This was literally the best swordfish I have ever had and I will never get over how good it was.  


Then I saw this in a window the next day and I think I'm cured...



This was the cream filled cake I had for dessert that night:


In Florence, we went to a famous pizza place called Gusto Pizza.  I got the margarita pizza and I absolutely loved it.  I don't usually get really excited about pizza, but we went back to this place twice because it was so good.  



The homemade pesto pasta I had in Vernazza in Cinque Terre, and my amazing chocolate dessert.  



I got pesto lasagna in a small little restaurant in Corniglia on our last night in Cinque Terre.  The couple that owned the restaurant were adorable and they had the cutest little girl who was running around and playing with the table settings.  They were so nice and we had a great last meal there.  
  

My lemon cake for dessert:



This was the best risotto I have ever had.  It had mushrooms inside and slices of cheese on top that melted into the risotto and tasted amazing.  


Café break for hot chocolate and a cannoli :)


Rigatoni Alfredo:  


Lasagne with spinach pasta: 


Ham and cheese calzone:


Penne Carbonara:


And of course we got gelato about twice a day but who's counting?


No comments:

Post a Comment