Saturday, November 10, 2012

Fontainebleau

Today I had an excursion with my school to Fontainebleau, a town about 45 minutes outside of Paris.  We began the trip with a hike in the forest near the train station.  It looked a lot like the places I used to go hiking with my family when I was little and I kept forgetting I was in France for a while.  It was nice to get away from the city and the masses of people for a little one on one with nature (as weird as it is for me to say that).  We hiked for a couple of hours and then we made our way back into town for lunch.  







We had a three course meal at a nice restaurant and spent a couple hours eating and hanging out with everyone.  Then, we went to see the Fontainebleau Castle which was the home of many French kings and then Napoleon I.  It was beautiful like all of the European palaces I have seen.  There was so much detail in everything from the furniture to the ceiling, and it is amazing to imagine the work that went into building it.  We walked around the castle for a while, and then went out to the gardens to explore.  We spent some time there taking pictures and walking around before heading back to the train station to go back to Paris.  It was a very long day but it was worth it for me to be able to see the castle.  





























No comments:

Post a Comment