Friday, November 9, 2012

Exhaustion at its Finest

This week has been exhausting trying to get back into the rhythm of classes while also trying to recover from my busy vacation.  Monday and Tuesday were were pretty relaxing, and then on Wednesday I had a full day of classes plus an excursion for my French class at night.  We went to the theater to see the play that we have been reading for class.  It was cool to see the actual performance of what we have been reading, but the actors spoke so fast that it was really hard to follow.  The French people in the audience were cracking up every five minutes and I just sat there having no idea what was just said.  The story line of the play is supposed to be bizarre and confusing which is made even worse when it's in a different language.  I might have enjoyed it more if I wasn't so tired, but all I wanted to do was go home and sleep so I didn't have much fun.  

On Thursday, I had another busy day.  I had my early class, so I was at my school from 9am to 2:30.  Then, I had a museum visit for my Art class at the Musée D'Orsay's Impressionism and Fashion exhibition.  The exhibition showed impressionist works that detailed the fashions popular at the time of the movement.  There were also several dresses throughout the exhibit that were worn in the same time period.  Some were even the actual dresses shown in certain paintings.  I would have loved to spend some serious time there looking at all the dresses and paintings in detail, but unfortunately we were only there to see certain paintings for class.  My teacher moved very quickly through the eight paintings and her descriptions, so we were done in about forty-five minutes.  I normally would have stayed to look around some more, but I had to go to another exhibit that I signed up for with my school.  This was for our Fashion Café, so it was a tour of the Chloé fashion exhibit.  The set up was really cool, and there was a combination of photos, sketches, and clothes on display.  The brand has been through several different designers, so each of the main clothing displays was separated by theme and designer.  The hair styles of the mannequins were crazy and were designed by a famous artist.  There was an awesome chronological photo display of the brand's clothes on different models that I loved.  I also loved learning about the history of the brand from our guide because I didn't know much about it before last night.  I even stayed after and talked with her for a while about my research project for my Haute Couture class and she gave me a lot of good ideas.  Even though it was a really long day, I was glad I saw the two exhibits and I got my fashion fix for the week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment