Monday, June 10, 2013

Sunday Funday

Yesterday was quite possibly the longest day ever... besides the day I flew here of course.  Our intern group did a day trip to the Loire Valley to see three beautiful châteaux: Cheverny, Chenonceau, and Chambord.  This happens to be the exact same day trip that my mom and I did in November when she came to visit me but who doesn't want to see three giant castles twice?  The bus left at 7am which meant that I had to get up at 5... not so fun.  Fortunately we had a three hour bus ride to the Loire, so we had a little nap time.  We also had the most ridiculous conversations known to man, the type that can only be had when running low on sleep and feeling completely delirious.  If I haven't mentioned it before, I love my GE friends.  We laugh so much when we are together and everyone has the best sense of humor; I love it.  Anyway, needless to say, I didn't mind the early morning or the long bus ride so much with those hooligans on board.  All in all, we were gone from 7am to 7pm.  Like I said: longest day ever (almost).  







No comments:

Post a Comment