Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Homestay Life

Homestay life has its difficulties, mostly because it involves living with a complete stranger in their house, with their rules.  Thankfully my house mother is pretty chill and she buys me a baguette every day so she obviously knows that the way to my heart is through food.  

My room is actually a really good size and I have plenty of storage, which is rare.  My only major complaint is the world’s worst mattress that I am forced to sleep on every night.  It's made of three sections of the hardest material known to man placed together on top of some wooden slats about an inch off the floor.  I don’t think I have ever slept on anything as uncomfortable and sometimes painful as this so-called mattress.  I never knew something could be lumpy and hard at the same time but this lovely torture devise manages both.  I think a prison mattress would be more comfortable.  I wake up with my body aching in the middle of the night and I walk around all day doing weird gymnastics moves trying to realign my spine.  I’m definitely going to need a chiropractor when I get home.

Here are some pictures of the shoebox I share with her...






































No comments:

Post a Comment