Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Père Lachaise

Yesterday was a bit of a struggle for me getting back into the groove of classes and homework after my really fun weekend.  Thankfully it was a day where I don't have class until 12:45, so I got to sleep in a little.  I had my Haute Couture class and then had to go to the famous cemetery Père Lachaise for my French class.  We were each given the name of a famous person buried there to research and give a small presentation about in French.  Because it is so big, our teacher had spent three hours before class searching for all the tombs were were going to visit and mapping out a plan for the class.  We met at the main entrance and then made our way to the first grave.  At each grave, someone from our class presented their person which was nice because we got to learn a little bit about some of the people buried there.  Our class is an hour and fifteen minutes long and we ran over about ten minutes just to fit everyone in because the place was so big that it took a long time to get from one grave to another.  It was so cool to see all the different tombs and the massive sizes of some of them.  I'm really glad our teacher had us go there because it is not something that I would have gone to on my own but it was definitely worth seeing.  








No comments:

Post a Comment