Thursday, October 11, 2012

So much culture...

Yesterday, I had my Haute Couture class in the morning and then I had French at my teacher's apartment.  She wanted to do something different for class, so she had us all over to her apartment and we had class there.  We discussed the different places we are all living in Paris, and learned some vocab for apartments and homes.  She bought some pastries for us, so we ate them and drank tea together while continuing the conversation.  It was fun to get out of the classroom and to see my teacher's home.  I like seeing how actual Parisians live and how they make use of the tiny spaces they have to live in.  

Today, I had a museum trip to the Orsay Museum again where we looked at several impressionist paintings.  Monet is my Dad's favorite artist, so I had to take some pictures for him:







 This is the inside of the Orsay which used to be a train station:




Then, tonight, I went to an event with some students from my school at a French university to meet some French students and practice speaking with them.  There were so many students and it was kind of overwhelming at first, but once I started talking to people it was fun.  I met a boy who spoke English really well because he had lived in England for a few years, so I basically just talked in English with him the whole time.  I guess that kind of defeats the purpose of the event, but I had fun and made a French friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment