Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Jour deux

So yesterday was exhausting and I am happy to say that today is slightly better.  Yesterday when I arrived at the airport, I met the arrival team and they brought us to the school.  After a very short (thank god) overview of housing they took us to our various apartments.  I unpacked for a while and set up my room and then we went exploring around our neighborhood.  At 5pm we had a gathering at the school where everyone from the program got to meet each other and eat crepes.  yumm :)  After that, my roommates and I walked around for a while and found Notre Dame which is near my school.  Then we went home very tired and I can't say that I've ever been so happy to see a bed that wasn't my own.  

This morning we met at the school at 9am and had a welcome orientation presentation.  Then, we split into groups and went out for lunch.  We had vegetable quiche and then crepes for desert.  I got a dark chocolate filled one... soooo good.  And the best part was that the school paid, yay.  Then we went on a  little tour around the latin quarter before heading back.  

All in all it's been an exhausting first couple of days, but I'm so excited to be here!!  I have nothing for the rest of the night but we start again at 9 tomorrow morning.

sunset over the Seine 


centre pompidou


love locks on the bridge over the seine


No comments:

Post a Comment